Line Worker - 2nd Shift
Location: Medford, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Monday thru Friday, either 1:00pm to 9:00pm or 2:00pm to 10:00pm. *Saturday hours are generally 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
- Feed cheese onto state of the art production line for wrapping and packaging.
- Compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF and established safety rules and regulations.
- Set-up scales, operate scales to weigh product for packaging.
- Ability to pack cheese product into boxes, stack boxes on pallets and inspect packages and boxes or good seals and code dates.
- Understand and utilize box erecting, case sealing, and labeling equipment.
- Perform sanitation of the work area and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform basic math calculations.
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism and work as a team player.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred . Education beyond High School would be a plus. Prior manufacturing and/or packaging experience would also be a plus.
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 25 pounds frequently and 45 pounds occasionally.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time. Normal operations are Monday thru Friday, with a Monday night start for our third shift. Saturday work may be required depending on production needs. Saturdays are usually six hour shifts. All work performed in excess of 8 hours in any work day or 40 hours straight time in any work week shall be compensated at the rate of time and one half your straight time rate.