Location: Marathon City, WI
This position is responsible for working with all warehouse personnel in accomplishing daily and weekly tasks. The individual in this position must be able to troubleshoot issues that arise in the warehouse area while maintaing professionalism at all times. This position reports to the shift supervisor or warehouse manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold safety procedures and job awareness at all times
- Safely operate multiple types of equipment including but not limited to DRT's forklifts and ride on pallet jack
- Must courteously interact with all departments, employees and general public
- Fill in for any position in the warehouse area when needed (ex. truck loading/unloading, putting product away, prestaging)
- Responsible for assisting in training department employees
- Must be able to setup and troubleshoot equipment (scan guns, monitors )
- Plan, organize, and lead daily warehouse department operations
- Participate in regular inventory audits
- Organize shipments of material between plants and to customers
- Knowledge of parcel shipments both domestic and international
- Continuously maintain the accuracy of inventory data collection
- Knowledge of transportation requirements for food grade materials
Education and Experience:
A High School diploma or GED along with 1-3 years of work experience in a related field is required. An Associate Degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Good organizational and math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with SAP, SAP Reporting and Data Collections preferred
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with employees and the public
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
This position is in a warehouse facility that includes many different types of equipment and attachments. It is a clean, cold climate- environment. The position is fast paced and requires a safety mind at all times.
Long periods of standing and walking are required on a daily basis and you must be required to sit, climb stairs, and lift up to 75 pounds occasionally.
** Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.