SAP/.Net Application Developer
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Marathon Cheese Corporation isn’t just one man’s vision; it’s a true team of proud, passionate, hard-working individuals that believe in what they do. We grew a small town and a field of opportunity into a respected industry leader, and it didn’t happen overnight. It’s taken over 50 years of ingenuity and teamwork to make Marathon what it is today, and it’s our lasting dedication to those same qualities that continues to push us forward. With an average employee seniority of 25 years plus, we are an employer of choice in Central Wisconsin.
This position reports to the Application Development Manager. Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate may work closely with employees at all locations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The SAP/.Net Application Developer is responsible for the design of software within project timelines. This role requires someone to create applications from scratch, configure, upgrade and debug existing systems and provide user support.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve/enhance existing software systems by analyzing business objectives
- Plan and identify areas for modification and improvement
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle
- Manage defect tracking system and resolve all issues and prepare update for systems
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
ORGANIZATION / BEST PRACTICE:
To ensure your knowledge of Recruiting Trends & Best Practices are current, networking, researching, professional development and industry conferences will be expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in Information Systems
- Eight years’ experience in development
- Eight plus years developing in ABAP
- Eight plus years developing in .Net
- Four plus years working with MS SQL Server
- Good understanding of FI/CO/MM/PP/SD – SAP functional areas
- Proven track record of designing scalable, distributed software applications
- Requires the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively under time constraints
- Analyze problems, propose solutions, make and carry out logical decisions and follow up with feedback where appropriate
- A good general awareness, which includes a practical knowledge regarding the current market conditions
- Great people skills and feeling of comfort working with others
- Confidence and persistence
- Flexible approach
- Requires the ability to apply knowledge
- Understands math concepts
- Ability to travel when necessary (less than 25%)
- Exceptional team player with integrity, confidence and composure
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, communication and consensus building skills
- Passion for and knowledge of data, creativity, technology and emerging media
- Self-starter with a positive outlook
- Active listener
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Passion for excellence
- Results oriented
- Proactive and organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- Credible, confident, and articulate with good communication and presentation skills
- Builds solid cross-functional relationships
- Creates positive impact/environment
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and decision making
Hours of work are generally during regular business hours and average at least 40-45 hours per week. There will be some variation in work hours due to employee shift schedules, special projects, deadlines, customer needs and various other concerns. Occasional out of town and overnight travel is required for business and education, by air and/or auto.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job related duties as requested by the CEO. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possibly be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
We offer a starting salary that is commensurate with experience and potential along with Health, dental insurance, flex spending, H S A, 401K with company match, company sponsored life insurance/AD&D and short and long term disability coverage, 7 paid Holidays, PTO (Vacation and Sick pay), educational reimbursement, ongoing professional development & college scholarships for children of employees.
Veterans Encouraged to Apply