Location: Medford, WI
Marathon Cheese Corp in Medford, WI is searching for a Sanitation Supervisor who will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining strategic sanitation programs, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets company standards as well as supports food safety requirements towards regulatory compliance. This person will oversee the annual sanitation plan, metrics and performance of the plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and supervise the cleaning of the plant production equipment and facility to meet food safety, customer quality and worker safety requirements.
- Ensure employees follow Company policies and procedures, ensure that sanitation, quality and department efficiencies are maintained at or above standards, and support the commitment and continual improvement to Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Confirm that proper staffing is available to efficiently conduct sanitation activities, including clean equipment, sanitation, janitorial and housekeeping.
- Handle employee scheduling, conflict resolution, corrective action, interviewing, etc.
- Communicate regularly with other production facility departments using inter-company email system (Outlook).
- Work closely with the QA Manager on sanitation related elements, to ensure all Food Safety and Food Quality requirements are met on a nightly basis.
- Maintain sanitation training programs, policies and site SSOPs
- Manage site Master Sanitation Schedule and continuously improve plant hygiene
- Manage Sanitation Chemical services and supplies for the facility
- Responsible for supporting food safety and quality in the plant.
All employees are responsible for the quality and food safety of our products. All food safety and quality concerns/problems should be brought to the attention of personnel with authority to initiate action.
Job Knowledge, Skills/Abilities & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and or ability required.
- Associates Degree (or equivalent) in Operations, Business, Industrial Hygiene or 3-5 years of related work experience
- Prior Supervisor or Management position related to sanitation with Dairy, Food or Beverage
- Detailed knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Good conflict management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Good organizational skills
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with employees and public
- Knowledge of various computer applications (MS Word, Excel, ERP) and office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
This position is in a state of the art production facility that includes many different types of machines and robotics. It is a clean, climate-controlled environment. The position is fast paced and requires a safety mind at all times. Long periods of standing and walking are required on a daily basis and you must be required to sit, climb stairs, and lift up to 100 pounds occasionally.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time.