Location: Medford, WI
Job Status: Full Time
We are currently conducting an internal/external search for an Forklift Mechanic in our Maintenance department. The core hours for this position are 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on all lift trucks and hand jacks
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various systems; including, but not limited to: hydraulic systems, electrical systems, structural diagnostic
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining the spare parts stock for the related equipment.
- Must complete assignments with a focus on Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize daily tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in a related field or comparable work experience strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar manufacturing plant is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a high mechanical aptitude and apply it.
- Read and write English and solve basic math problems.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical diagrams.
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism and work as a team player.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift up to 100 pounds. Normal hours are 8 1/2 hours per day, Monday through Friday and when production is scheduled on Saturdays (Saturday hours vary between 6 and 8-hour shifts). When production is not scheduled on Saturday, you may be required to work on an as needed basis, i.e. preventative maintenance or special projects.
All work performed in excess of 8 hours in any workday or 40 hours straight time in any workweek shall be compensated at the rate of time and one-half your straight time rate.