Quality Assurance Technician Lead
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Job Status: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Direct/schedule the work of the Quality Technicians on shift
- Daily review of shift data, reports for product attribute tracking, weight control and other SPC programs for quality control.
- Administer all sampling programs – finished goods, in-process, incoming raw materials and packaging materials.
- Conduct daily shift pre-op inspections to include GMP, line release, line changeovers, label review and code dating.
- Floor level administrator for hold/release program – initiate holds, issue dispositions of product and ingredient, maintains hold logs and associated information systems, issues associated reports. Review ingredient COAs toward approval and release for utilization.
- Inspects equipment and reviews all paperwork associated with product protection and food safety to include but not limited to metal detectors, HACCP control points, allergen protocols, foreign material controls, package integrity, and antimycotic applications.
- Maintain quality equipment calibration program – schedules and protocols.
- Handles customer-specific records, reports and programs.
- Maintains QA data entry programs and document files.
- Conducts QA/Regulatory training sessions for QA Techs and plant personnel.
- Assists Quality Assurance Supervisor/SQF Practitioner and or corporate with special projects
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate SPC and attribute data trending.
- Detail oriented, organized.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the plant.
- Associate’s degree in food science technician or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in QA/Food processing and manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of food safety and quality principles.
- Ability to supervise technician level activities.