Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
We are currently conducting an internal/external search for a first shift Refrigeration Technician at our fleet garage. The core hours for this position are 8am to 4:30 pm. This may vary slightly depending on project load.
Assist in diagnostics, maintenance and repair of all Trailer Reefer, APU, Tri-Pak, and general Fleet HVAC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles HVAC equipment which includes trailer reefer units, APUs, and AC systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various systems, to include electrical, small engines, and cooling systems. Identify needed repairs and performs corrective action.
- Writes up repair orders.
- Use diagnostic equipment to detect, isolate, and repair faults on electronic equipment.
- Read and repair driver DOT require DVIR write-ups.
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests
- Identify worn and damaged parts and repair and replace as needed
- Maintain vehicle records by recording services and repairs
- Help ensure cleanliness of the shop
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Degree or Diploma in a related field with 3- 5 or more years of experience is preferred. ASE Refrigeration Certification is advantageous.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Refrigeration systems and APU engine components
- Valid driver’s license
- Good diagnostic skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic electrical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide DOT required maintenance records.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all co-workers, drivers and customers
Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.