Application Development Manager
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Marathon Cheese Corporation isn’t just one man’s vision; it’s a true team of proud, passionate, hard-working individuals that believe in what they do. We grew a small town and a field of opportunity into a respected industry leader, and it didn’t happen overnight. It’s taken over 50 years of ingenuity and teamwork to make Marathon what it is today, and it’s our lasting dedication to those same qualities that continues to push us forward. With an average employee seniority of 25 years plus, we are an employer of choice in Central Wisconsin.
This position reports to the VP of Information Services. Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate may work closely with all Department Heads at all locations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Application Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the development team by planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications. The Application Development Manager is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications.
- Manage development tasks for SAP and .Net
- Mentor and lead the development team.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with internal and external customers.
- Assess business process requirements - Analyze the structure and flow of the business’ work to identify possible application solutions. Be aware of the latest software developments and create ways that software can be applied to make the business more efficient and successful. Participate in requirements analysis by collaborating with internal teams.
- Manage system application software implementation and upgrades - Lead a team of IT developers responsible for implementing and upgrading system application software. Ensure that the servers are all ready before implementing new systems, and then carefully monitor the rolling-out process to catch any snags.
- Troubleshoot problems with the software - Provide technical support and problem resolution related to business application software systems. Whenever there is a problem with the software, review the issue and come up with a solution.
- Create processes and protocols for software - Create, develop and oversee protocols and procedures on usage for all new software introduced to the company. Once these standards are developed, ensure users are trained.
ORGANIZATION / BEST PRACTICE:
To ensure your knowledge of Recruiting Trends & Best Practices are current, networking, researching, professional development and industry conferences will be expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems’ preferred; Associates degree required
- Fifteen years’ experience in application development
- Fifteen plus years developing in ABAP
- Fifteen plus years developing in .Net
- Ten plus years working with MS SQL Server
- Extensive understanding of SAP ERP functional areas
- Proven track record of managing software development team (10+ years)
- Must have a working knowledge of Manufacturing Principles
- Knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices.
- Experience with database management.
- Familiarity with Project management principles.
- Experience with Information system troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated skill in developing automated business systems.
- Knowledge of advanced systems analysis methods, practices, and principles.
- Knowledge of cost modeling principles.
- Experience preparing workflow analyses.
- Experience leading and facilitating training.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Requires the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively under time constraints
- Analyze problems, propose solutions, make and carry out logical decisions and follow up with feedback where appropriate
- A good general awareness, which includes a practical knowledge regarding the current market conditions
- Great people skills and feeling of comfort working with others
- Confidence and persistence
- Flexible approach
- Requires the ability to apply knowledge
- Understands math concepts
- Ability to travel when necessary (less than 25%)
- Exceptional team player with integrity, confidence and composure
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, communication and consensus building skills
- Passion for and knowledge of data, creativity, technology and emerging media
- Self-starter with a positive outlook
- Active listener
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Passion for excellence
- Results oriented
- Proactive and organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- Credible, confident, and articulate with good communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Builds solid cross-functional relationships
- Creates positive impact/environment
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and decision making
Work is performed largely in an office or temperate warehouse environment; however, some time will be spent at various remote locations. Hours of work are generally during regular business hours and average at least 40-45 hours per week. There will be some variation in work hours due to employee shift schedules, special projects, deadlines, customer needs and various other concerns. Occasional out of town and overnight travel is required for business and education, by air and/or auto.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job related duties as requested by the CEO. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possibly be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
We offer a starting salary that is commensurate with experience and potential along with Health, dental insurance, flex spending, H S A, 401K with company match, company sponsored life insurance/AD&D and short and long term disability coverage, 7 paid Holidays, PTO (Vacation and Sick pay), educational reimbursement, ongoing professional development & college scholarships for children of employees.
Veterans Encouraged to Apply