Electro-Mechanical 2nd Shift
Location: Medford, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Electrical Mechanical Technician – Full-Time – 2nd Shift - 2:00pm to 10:00pm. *Saturday hours are generally 6:00pm to 12:00am. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
- Repair, adjust, install and remove all packaging equipment including legacy equipment and state of the art equipment.
- Provide technical support to the production environment ensuring proper functioning equipment producing consistent quality products.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical problems on high-speed cheese packaging lines.
- Installation and removal of new and existing equipment.
- Ability to fabricate and machine stainless steel and other materials used in the facility.
- Possess a high mechanical aptitude and apply it.
- Read and write English and solve basic math problems.
- Industrial Electric knowledge including PLC’s, drives, schematics and ladder logic.
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism and work as a team player.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or Comparable. Willing to complete additional education as technology continues to change.
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar manufacturing plant is preferred
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift up to 75 pounds. Normal hours are 8 1/2 hours per day, Monday through Friday and when production is scheduled on Saturdays (Saturday hours vary between 6 and 8-hour shifts). When production is not scheduled on Saturday, you may be required to work on an as needed basis, i.e. preventative maintenance or special projects.
All work performed in excess of 8 hours in any workday or 40 hours straight time in any work week shall be compensated at the rate of time and one-half your straight time rate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.