Location: Marathon City, WI
The basic purpose of the Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement and support, custom .Net applications for Marathon Cheese Corp.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following activities:
- Working closely with our Business Analyst Team to deliver custom solutions to meet user and corporate requirements.
- Design systems, programs and coordinates the review of specification, user sign-off process, and assisting with the development of user manuals.
- Provides input to Business Analyst(s) to prolong system life or to recommend timely replacement
- Assists operations staff in the set up, testing and support of new hardware technologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand software needs
- Design and Develop state-of-the-art applications
- Supporting existing applications
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
Education and Experience:
- A High School diploma or GED is required, Associate Degree preferred
- 5 years of development in .Net (VB or C#)
- 2 years of SQL Server Knowledge
- SAP experience is preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Understanding of MS SQL Server Tables, Views, Store Procs and Functions
- Very Good understanding of accounting and/or manufacturing principles
- Must have designed and developed accounting and/or manufacturing applications from concept to delivery
- Ability to work independently or in a small group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills