Production Group Leaders - Booneville
Location: Booneville, MS
Job Status: Full Time
Marathon Cheese Corporation in Booneville, MS is seeking to hire Production Group Leaders for all Shifts. They will be responsible for generating Line Production information. Their primary duties will be to timely confirm and generate accurate Line Production SAP tickets and maintain the Line cleaned and organized. This position embraces involvement with employees of all levels. This position reports to Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and/or verify the packages and cases code date.
- Ensure that the proper packaging material is used according to product specification.
- Ensure pallet configuration is done according to product specification.
- Generate and maintain accurate downtime information.
- Generate SAP tickets and Line Reports.
- Perform required testing.
- Coordinate line change over with Line/Machine Operator and Material Handler(s).
- Ensure the Line is in compliance with Housekeeping and GMP requirements.
- Relieve Line Workers for breaks as needed.
- Supply and account for the knives and scrapers used on the line.
- Assist the Line/machine Operators with leaker checks as needed.
- Direct Line Personnel to other productive labor in case of line breakdown.
- Communicate potential "hold" situation to Supervisor and Quality Assurance.
- Timely verification of metal detection system.
- Collect and weigh empty bags for the Line Film Variance Report.
- Collect and organize all line paperwork at the end of shift.
- Lead the people and processes for your assigned functional area(s)
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervision.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and or ability required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to delegate
- Good conflict management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good decision making skills
- Knowledge of various computer applications (MS Word, Excel, ERP) and office equipment
- SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to multi task
Education and Experience
A High School Diploma is required. A college degree is a plus. Proven work experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor is required.
This position is in a state of the art production facility that includes many different types of machines and robotics. It is a clean, climate-controlled environment. The position is fast paced and requires a safety mind at all times. Long periods of standing and walking are required on a daily basis and you must be required to sit, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- 1st Shift: Monday thru Friday, 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. *Saturday hours are generally 6:00 am to 12:00 pm. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs
- 2nd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. *Saturday hours are generally 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
- 3rd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. *Saturday hours are generally 6:00 pm to 12:00 am or until Sanitation is complete. Please note we have a Monday night start for 3rd Shift. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time.