Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for implementing recruiting activities for the Marathon City plant and corporate openings. This individual works closely with hiring managers, candidates, and external recruiters to support the hiring needs of the company. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify future hiring needs and developing job descriptions and specifications.
- Attracting suitable candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
- Promoting the company’s reputation and attractiveness as a good employment opportunity.
- Keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations and enforcing them within the company.
- Develops recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels.
- Meets with managers to develop specific recruiting plans.
- Write and post jobs on company website, job boards, etc.
- Evaluate and screen applications, resumes and cover letters.
- Responsible for interviewing, testing, and referring applicants for open positions.
- Scheduling interviews with hiring managers and hiring team.
- Schedule and attend job/career fairs with appropriate staff when and where appropriate.
- Conducts reference and background checks.
- Coordinate and participate in the orientation of new employees.
- Act as liaison with area temporary agencies.
- Preparation and liaison with advertising agencies/newspaper, processing and checking advertising agency/newspaper billings.
- Communicate and deal professionally with others.
- Prioritize multiple tasks successfully.
- Complete all EEO-1 reports and related activities timely.
- Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents hiring statistics.
- Maintain records on recruiting activities as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or other related field is required. 3-5 years recruiting experience is required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews.
- Ability to design and implement recruiting strategies.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, applicants and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Detail-oriented, with good problem resolving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, show flexibility to deal positively with change.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills; plan and organize work to meet schedules and time lines.
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with public and employees.
- Familiarity with HR databases and applicant tracking systems.
- Exhibit strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The job functions are performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Tempo is fast-paced.
This position requires long periods of sitting behind a desk or conference room table, making calls, working on the computer, filing or in meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.