Location: Marathon City, WI
Marathon Cheese is currently conducting an internal/external search for a Cost Analyst to work at our Marathon City corporate office.
The Cost Analyst will lead customer conversion accounting, analysis and reporting. This role will partner cross functionally to provide variance reporting and analysis, and collaborate on process improvement / cost savings initiatives. This role will drive centralization and standardization of customer conversion reporting in MCC's SAP ERP system
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conversion customer reporting, including weekly conversion reports and month end close. This includes working closely with the Director of Cost Accounting, customer service, business development, procurement and operations to provide timely and accurate reporting, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Lead/Contribute to ongoing foundational costing project to centralize and automate conversion reporting.
- Monitor and maintain SAP material master data, specifically but not limited to new item set-ups and bills of material.
- Contribute to cross functional projects focused on process/system improvements, increased efficiencies and driving out waste to improve business profitability.
- Provide top tier customer reporting and communication.
- Prepare cost related ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested, and assist with special projects.
- Partner with other functions to ensure accuracy and control of master data: Item Master, Bills of Material, Routings, Specifications and Inventory valuation and postings.
- Support and back-up other cost accounting functions as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is required
- Solid understanding of accounting systems and procedures
- Strong computer skills: MS Office Suite, advanced level Excel
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and confidential environment
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to provide actionable data
- Motivated team player capable of working independently
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with SAP or other major ERP system is a plus