Corporate Sanitation Manager
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
This is a corporation wide leadership position reporting to the Director of Quality. This position will lead by example and support the company wide continuous improvement of sanitation and hygiene control programs and services.
This position is the leader of sanitation and manufacturing hygiene controls across all manufacturing sites. This position utilizes quality tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis, statistical process control, lean manufacturing principles and CAPA. This position will require up to 30% travel and require a flexible schedule to support sanitation personnel and processes occurring on all shifts. The role will be primarily based out of the Marathon, WI Marathon Cheese Corporate Office.
The responsible individual will facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. The responsible individual will continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives to meet quality and food safety goals.
Masters Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or similar scientific discipline, and 3-5 years of relevant experience; or a Bachelors Degree in a discipline described above, with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience; or an associate degree and 7 to 15 years of progressively responsible related experience.
Demonstrated expertise in the following:
- Sanitation and microbiological controls in a food manufacturing environment
- Preventive Controls, including allergen and foreign material controls
- GMPs, Sanitary Design, Pest control
- Federal and State Food regulations
- Analytical equipment and methods used in the verification of cleaning and sanitation
- Relevant applications of Food Technologies
- Chemical safety
Also key to this position are:
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills including the ability to collaborate with disciplines across both corporate and manufacturing functions
- Ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of people, and provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem solving skills including Root Cause , Corrective Action & Preventive Action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful supervision of environmental and hygienic microbiological monitoring.
Prefer prior successful experiences in:
- Dairy industry and RTE Packaging
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
- Quality Systems and principles in GFSI- SQF, as SQF Practitioner
- Good Manufacturing Practices (FDA)
- Quality Control, such as statistical process control (SPC) and lean six
- Continuous Improvement, including measurable results from actionable information in process evaluation and trend analysis
- Internal auditing, third party audits, customer audits, and regulatory inspections
- SAP, and PC proficiency in Windows-based applications
- Leading quality, sanitation or operations within a manufacturing environment
- Support the organization in troubleshooting, technical deficiencies, root cause analysis, sustainable corrective and preventative actions, and recommending solutions with regards to sanitation and hygiene programs and systems.
- Assists with department initiatives and operates as a subject matter expert in applicable technologies, policies, programs, and systems management.
- Assures MCC and customer quality standards and expectations are met by supervising sanitation practices, and regulatory applicable compliance.
- Provides technical mentorship, expertise, and leadership to projects within functional scope.
- Investigates plant results and ensures accurate corrective actions are identified and implemented by managing resolutions with plant involvement.
- Manages sanitation vendor relationships and compliance through daily monitoring of chemical usage.
- Educating and mentoring plant sanitation staff on effective and safe sanitation processes and procedures.
- Utilizes statistical methods, data analysis, and reporting to assist the manufacturing plants in sanitation practices.
- Demonstrates cross-functional collaboration with senior/cross-functional team members on project concepts to achieve strategic projects.
- Supervises key performance indicators for Plant Sanitation such as: Environmental monitoring,
- Lead and continuously improve environmental monitoring program used across MCC plants.
- SME and owner of Sanitation preventive controls, Pest Control, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring Programs
- Act as SME and support ongoing sanitation validation, verification and improvement activities across all sites in conjunction with plant supervision
- Develop training and resources to support pre-requisite programs
- Acts as SME for sanitary design of new equipment
- Supports equipment selection and facility sanitary design for capital projects
- Support service contract review and renewal for critical services impacting sanitation and food safety
- Act as leader of sanitation safety and chemical control programs and practices across MCC
Work environment involves moderate risk of discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving machinery in the production facility, handling of hazardous materials and sanitation chemicals. Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves and shoes may be required.
Work requires some physical strain such as standing and walking in production facility, lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment and product cases. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching.
** Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.