Material Control Specialist
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
This position is expected to perform warehousing, distribution, inventory, and records maintenance in the manufacturing facility. This position will report to the Director of Warehousing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Subject Matter Expert on the Warehouse Management System
- 1st line of defense for WM questions
- Functional expert on the warehouse management design in the ERP system
- Material Master creation, changes, etc. for Warehouse Screens in the material master
- Liaison to appropriate IT resources as needed.
- Knowledgeable of put away and picking strategies and mixing rules for their facility w/regular review of manual put away to determine root cause of issues
- Communication liaison for the physical warehouse design changes and their potential impact to the WM process
- Exception reporting analysis to prevent errors from occurring
- Cleaning up COGI errors
- Monitor STOs created by the system for timeliness and accuracy
- Dock Appointment Scheduling duties as required
- Cycle counting Administrator
- Physical warehouse validation of inventory
- Dock Appointment Scheduling Tool (inbound and outbound)
- When truck arrives – enter information on time in and dock
- When truck leaves – enter information on time out and inspection sheet data
- Create deliveries so product can be pre-staged
- Customer receiving problems
- Order change exception process (based on rules established corporately)
- Back up Shipping clerk responsibilities as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in business, management, mathematics, statistics or equivalent with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, conceptual thinking, decision making and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams
The job functions are performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Tempo is fast-paced with daily interaction with various stakeholders.
This position requires long periods of sitting behind a desk or conference room table, working on the computer or in meetings. This position may require occasional day and/or overnight travel to other MCC facilities.