Business Development Representative / Manager Opportunity
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
- Understand and communicate customer needs and interests.
- Work with internal functions to develop differentiated solutions that meet those needs.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver communication that sells products and ideas.
- Gain mastery of product and packaging capabilities across locations.
- Understand and apply the various financial relationships based on component ownership.
- Efficiently execute customer product sample requests.
- Initiate thorough and accurate finished goods quote requests. Maintain accuracy in cost assumptions through launch.
- Demonstrate ongoing interest and growth in technical aspects of the business.
- Liaison to Quality / Regulatory group for ongoing customer requirements.
- Provide timely responses to various customer engagements with professional communication.
- Develop and execute cost optimization projects relating to customers including order size, order frequency, producing plant determination, and distribution optimization.
- Define customer requirements and work with Customer Project Manager on successful implementation of large or complex initiatives.
- Monitor customer volume reports and initiates further customer engagement when data suggests doing so.
- Stay abreast of market trends and leverages IRI data for customer insights.
- Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ experience of business development/technical sales/supply chain or operations for a food manufacturer or consumer products supplier in consumer-packaged goods food processing, preferably in refrigerated products.
- Experienced in successful development and execution of a manufacturing operations strategy aligned with overall business strategy to fit near term and long- term customer goals.
- Knowledge of a variety of pricing relationships including tolling, direct pay, and third party financed payment methodologies.
- Understands issues regarding throughput, line speeds, quality, transportation, and safety.
- Understands how to develop business including prospecting and pipelining skills
- Strong communication oral and written skills, along with the ability to make formal presentations to a wide array of internal and external audiences.
- Skilled at developing relationships and generating trust with all stakeholders.
- Ability to work in an informal and flat organizational structure.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP and leverages systems in daily work.
- Professional customer engagement / communication that is consistent with company values.
Personal Characteristics and other Position Parameters
- A results-oriented individual who is self-motivated to achieve and exceed targets.
- A “roll up your sleeves” doer with strong interpersonal skills that are equally effective in a customer meeting and on the manufacturing floor.
- A personality and manner that demonstrates confidence, sound judgment, and a straightforward tenor to interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates integrity, flexibility, tenacity, and physical/intellectual energy.
- Unentitled, parks ego at the door.
- The position is an individual contributor but will rely on peers and other staff members for support.
- Travel 5-10%
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant discipline.