Document Control Specialist
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Coordinates, receives, reviews, tracks, accepts/rejects, implements and maintains the Company’s Document Control System online & offline processes and hard-copy methods. Strictly follows established procedures and policies needed to meet the demands of document control in a regulated packaging environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall coordination of controlled documentation within the Company. (Procure, review, approve, reject, organize, record and store documentation.)
- Performs and maintain the Document Control function within Excel or Company selected system.
- Coordinates and leads required annual document review meetings.
- Fulfill internal and external requests for documentation as appropriate.
- Supports user requests for documentation and trains users in Document Management Index as well as using the established template and tracking system.
- Performs self-audits of satellite MCC Locations and ensures that the current version is available in a timely manner.
- Maintains quality records per applicable SOPs.
- Investigates and responds to corrective actions related to Document Control, Training and External Standards.
- Responsible for coordinating document change orders, facilitates review, approval and retention of Risk Management documents.
- Scan, image, organize and maintain documents, adhering to the Company's document lifecycle procedures.
- Archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Support QA department in designing, developing and/or producing documents as required.
- Support development of internal Quality-related databases.
- Support QA Coordinator with document control processes for certification records.
- Maintain MCC internal ingredient, process and packaging specification database, manuals and hardcopies.
- Create, edit, number and maintain version control of documentation associated with the QA Department, including by not limited to SOPs, Flow Diagrams, Logs, Work Instructions, Specifications, Formulations, Lists, etc.
- Other duties many be assigned as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organization Highly developed organization skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- Prioritization- Manage priorities and tasks in an orderly manner and with flexibility.
- Customer Service- Energetic team player with high drive for internal and external customer service skills and problem solving.
- Analytical- Ability to reason and analyze, to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner, to work quickly, accurately, and independently, and to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Drive- Possess and maintain the desire to create impact through creativity, innovation, persistence and feedback.
- Communication- Ability to correspond with high degree of professionalism in verbal and written communication within and outside of MCC. Effectively use all mediums of communication as appropriate, presents well to groups and actively listens.
- Continuous Learning- Seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; continuously identifies and seeks out opportunities for improvement.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Autonomy- Complete projects with minimal oversight; seeks out work to help others.
- Teamwork- Contributes to building a positive team spirit, flexibility, enthusiasm, fun and cooperation.
- Values- Honest, transparent, courageous, works to reduce environmental impact.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience with document control system is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a quality assurance role is a plus.
- Exercises judgment with broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Solid working knowledge and advanced computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Business Administration or similar field or 3+ years demonstrated skills in the food or pharmaceutical industry with supported formal training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Familiarity with FDA regulations, HACCP, and SQF or related quality standards.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Perform work at a computer in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration and analytical thinking.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Work in an office and plant environment.
- Frequently work independently but required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- May require occasional travel to all facilities.