Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Marathon City, WI
This is a high-profile position reporting directly to the Director of Quality Assurance with a close partnership with our Plant Manager. You will ensures all quality policies, programs and procedures are effectively developed, implemented, and managed for ingredients, packaging, sanitation, processing, and finished products.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and supervise the Quality team in the plant and laboratory.
- Ensure plant compliance with all Quality policies, programs and procedures.
- Manage HACCP/Food Safety Plan development, assessments and validations for new products and processes, including records and file maintenance.
- Ensure compliance of the audit programs for internal and external audits, i.e. FDA, WDATCP, IDA, GFSI/SQF, USDA, NOP, and customers.
- In close cooperation with corporate Quality, liaise with Customer Services and Sales and Marketing on complaint investigation and communication, trending and sustaining resolution.
- Promote Quality awareness and ownership throughout plant operations.
- Drive improvements and monitor Quality metrics/KPIs at the facility.
- Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications and critical control points in manufacturing for ongoing Quality Assurance of all finished goods.
- Monitor and assess performance of the quality systems, report its effectiveness to management and implement actions for improvement.
- Develop and execute training programs that support Food Safety and Food Quality objectives.
- Apply administrative and record-keeping processes to support the Quality policies, programs and procedures.
- Manage QA related projects from inception to final reports and implementations.
- Member of Plant Crisis Management Team, e.g. Recall Team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or commensurate experience in Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
- 4-5 years of previous supervisory experience in food manufacturing
- Dairy Industry is preferred
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Certification or ability to obtain this certification
- Strong problem solving, communication and leadership skills are a must