Shipping/Receiving Clerk 2nd Shift
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
There is a need for personnel to support our Shipping/Receiving and/or Warehouse Department. This position is a back-up Shipping/Receiving Clerk on 2nd shift. When this position is not backing up in office, will be working in our Warehouse.
Monday thru Friday, 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs. Saturday hours are 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Organize loads to pre-stage and organize loads to ship
- Organize inbound/outbound loads for other MCC locations
- Call production to assure completion of product for shipment
- Sign in drivers
- Instruct others to load/unload trucks
- Make pickup appointments with truck drivers, fill out shortage report
- Compare order confirmations to shipping documents
- Responsible for record keeping and smooth operation of paperwork
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed
- Operate hand jack in warehouse
- Assist with pre-staging
- If not backing up in office, willing to work in the warehouse
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
- Very good interpersonal, organizational and written skills along with strong math skills
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds
- Prior shipping/receiving experience a plus
- Read and understand freight list’s, bills of lading, terminology, abbreviations
- Ability to solve concerns and deal with a variety of variables or situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and the public both in person and over the telephone to facilitate operations
- Must be dependable and have a certain degree of flexibility to work overtime and Saturday and Sundays when needed and back-up other positions as required
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Education beyond High School would be a plus. Forklift experience is desirable but not required. Prior manufacturing and or warehouse experience would be beneficial.
Work inside a clean, refrigerated warehouse environment and a climate controlled manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.