Location: Marathon City, WI
This position is responsible for managing the company’s employee benefit plans. This is a strategic position that plans, develops, recommends and implements the corporate health and welfare plans, Section 125 flexible spending, disability, wellness and 401(k) plans . Provides communication, guidance, and assistance on employee benefit plans across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage operational aspects of the employee benefits programs which include but are not limited to 401(k), medical, prescription drug, dental vision, group life, wellness programs as well as partner with the Leave of Absence Coordinator for short- and long-term disability, and leave of absences.
- Strategic partner in annual planning, communication and implementation of employee benefits. Work with corporate finance, brokers and insurance representatives to analyze and recommend solutions for benefit programs to ensure legal compliance, cost effectiveness, equity and competitive positioning.
- Manage enrollment processes including development of communication materials and administration of enrollment changes within HRIS, online enrollment vendor, and benefit vendors.
- Ensure compliance with provisions of ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA and other state and federal regulatory requirements. Work with brokers and corporate finance to prepare and file reports required by law to be filed with state and federal agencies.
- Ensure timely distribution of required disclosures such as SARS, HIPAA, ACA, COBRA and other regulated disclosures.
- Ensure timely filing of Plan amendments, IRS Determination Letters, ACA Filings and other regulated filings.
- Perform periodic review of benefit and census records to ensure accuracy of information.
- Maintain working knowledge of legislation affecting benefit programs and make proactive recommendations on possible updates and enhancements.
- Ensure there is an ongoing, effective communication strategy and training materials available for employees to guarantee they have a good working knowledge of their benefits.
- Maintain data integrity between payroll/HRIS, benefit systems and vendor systems.
- Ensure that Company benefit programs and policies are administered consistently across the organization. Provide expert counsel to management on the interpretation of the benefit programs and policies.
- Monitor changes in regulations to ensure that benefit programs remain in compliance.
- Oversee the administration and coordination of data feeds from HRIS/payroll to various vendors as needed.
- Review actual monthly results against the Plan. Analyze results to establish trends, identify opportunities and determine areas of concern.
- Manage benefit staff in daily operations. Provide appropriate training and employee development for staff.
- Build strong vendor relationships to ensure full utilization of their strengths, benefits expertise and accountability.
- Work with brokers on the renewal of RFPs, employee benefits and ancillary benefit lines such as medical stop loss, disability and Life Insurance programs.
- Act as liaison with vendors.
- Provide counseling to employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or certification of a Total Rewards Certification Program (ex. CEBS) is required
- 5+ years of HR experience in benefits management/ total rewards programs is required
- Experience leading a team is preferred
- HR certifications (PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) is a plus but not required
- Candidate should have a strong knowledge of compensation and benefit offers and programs
- Must have an understanding of employment and benefits laws and regulations, both federal and state
Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, with good problem resolving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, show flexibility to deal positively with change
- Demonstrate good organizational skills; plan and organize work to meet schedules and time lines
- Good conflict resolution abilities
- Maintain confidentiality of information with public and employees
- Exhibit strong computer skills(MS Word, Excel); ERP software experience is preferred
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Work Environment: The job functions are performed in an office setting onsite at our corporate location in Marathon City WI. Limited travel is expected to our other plant locations.