Technical Training Specialist
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
The Technical Training Specialist position performs a variety of tasks. The position is primarily responsible for assisting the Training and Development Manager in daily tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise training of all employees
- Determine instructional methods that fit specified training needs though needs assessment techniques
- Possess competence in typing, word processing and the Microsoft Windows suite.
- Develop, organize and distribute relevant learning content to employees, company – wide
- Lead collaboration with cross-functional groups and consult with subject matter experts for curriculum development
- Primary IT liaison for training and development technologies
- Leverage technology tools to support effective presentations
- LMS Administration, user tracking, training generation, static and dynamic groups and security roles
- Partner with support departments to ensure the required training is appropriately assigned and maintained
- Ensure compliance is maintained
- Partner with HR teams and Talent Development Specialist for implementation plans
- Facilitate training sessions as needed
- Implement training evaluation strategies to measure business impact and effectiveness of training efforts
- Occasional travel may be required
- Pursue improvement and labor saving opportunities
- Must be flexible and able to work five, six and an occasional seven-day work week when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
BA/BS or technical degree in related discipline or equivalent experience. Must possess satisfactory reading, math, listening, speaking and writing skills, in addition to the ability and motivation to learn for the purpose of problem solving, decision-making, and team building. Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism. Must have working knowledge of computers, different computer systems and the ability to quickly adjust to new systems. Learning Management System (LMS) experience a plus.
Work environment involves moderate risk of discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving machinery in the production facility, handling of hazardous materials and sanitation chemicals. Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves and shoes may be required.
Work requires some physical strain such as standing and walking in production facility, lifting of moderately heavy items such as product cases up to 50 pounds occasionally. Other physical demands include reaching, sitting, standing, climbing stairs, crouching, and reaching.
** The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.