Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
We are currently conducting an internal/external search for an Assistant Controller at our Marathon Corporate office.
This Assistant Controller will be working closely with the Treasurer/Corporate Controller in overseeing both immediate and long-term fiduciary operations. This position reports to the Treasurer/Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasts business activity reports and other requested documents
- Analyze financial and cost accounting records and reports and provide meaningful feedback
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall finance and accounting operations and effectiveness of the organization
- Assist with annual insurance renewals, coordinate accounting for insurance programs, manage commercial insurance claims, and maintain Certificates of Insurance program
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline
- Assist with financial reporting and analysis of benefit programs, to include Form 5500
- Coordinate insurance carriers on-site visits and assist in interpreting results/actions
- Support the audit process through preparation of reports and schedules
- Assist Treasurer/Corporate Controller with other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
A 4-yr Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience. A CPA designation is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial concepts and practices
- Familiarity with commercial insurance and benefits programs
- Detail-oriented, with good problem resolving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, show flexibility to deal positively with change
- Demonstrate good organizational skills; plan and organize work to meet schedules and time lines
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with public and employees
- Exhibit strong computer skills(MS Word, Excel); ERP software experience is preferred
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
The job functions are performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Tempo is fast-paced with stringent month-end closing deadlines.
This position requires long periods of sitting behind a desk or conference room table, working on the computer or in meetings. This position may require occasional day and/or overnight travel to other MCC facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.