Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
We are currently conducting an internal/external search for a Software Engineer at our Marathon Corporate office.
The basic purpose of the Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement and support, custom .Net applications for Marathon Cheese Corp.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following activities:
- Working closely with our Business Analyst Team to deliver custom solutions to meet user and corporate requirements.
- Design systems, programs and coordinates the review of specification, user sign-off process, and assisting with the development of user manuals.
- Provides input to Business Analyst(s) to prolong system life or to recommend timely replacement
- Assists operations staff in the set up, testing and support of new hardware technologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand software needs
- Design and Develop state-of-the-art applications
- Supporting existing applications
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
Education and Experience:
A High School diploma or GED along with at least 15 years in Design and Development of State-of-the-Art applications as well as 15 years in .Net (VB or C#). An Associate Degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Understanding of MS SQL Server Tables, Views, Store Procs and Functions
- Very Good understanding of accounting and/or manufacturing principles
- Must have designed and developed accounting and/or manufacturing applications from concept to delivery
- Ability to work independently or in a small group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The job functions are performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Tempo is fast-paced with stringent deadlines.
This position requires long periods of sitting behind a desk or conference room table and working on the computer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.