Line Worker - 3rd Shift
Location: Medford, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Monday thru Friday, either 9:00pm to 5:00am or 10:00pm to 6:00am. *Saturday hours are generally 6:00pm to midnight. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
- Feed cheese onto state of the art production line for wrapping and packaging.
- Compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF and established safety rules and regulations.
- Set-up scales, operate scales to weigh product for packaging.
- Ability to pack cheese product into boxes, stack boxes on pallets and inspect packages and boxes or good seals and code dates.
- Understand and utilize box erecting, case sealing, and labeling equipment.
- Perform sanitation of the work area and equipment as needed.
This position is a member of a team whose duties are to clean and sanitize the food processing plant and equipment to meet food safety, and quality standards of US Foods as well as any regulatory body. This position is expected to disassemble, and clean processing equipment without causing damage and reassembly of equipment while maintaining organization of multiple parts. This position is required to visually inspect the equipment and processing areas for cleanliness.
This position is required to work well within a team to completely clean and sanitize the plant quickly. Responsible for completing any and all required paperwork which must be legible and accurate prior to submitting to your supervisor.
This position will be working around processing equipment in which chemicals will be used to complete the sanitation process.
The sanitation worker must be able to work as a team along with other members of the crew and be flexible and willing to perform additional varying tasks per the supervisor's instructions and in accordance with all production and safety guidelines.
Performing all duties in compliance with USDA, SQF, DDA, OSHA, state and/or local regulations. Company policies and procedures include; safety guidelines and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), Hazard Communication (HAZCOM), Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s)
Keep work areas and facilities clean and organized. Work with other operators and move and assemble heavy equipment. Empties trash bins and cleans trash area daily; operates trash compactor when applicable. May clean other areas of the warehouse and offices, to include break rooms, rest rooms, QA, offices, etc. Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas along with any additional duties as required by the supervisor.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform basic math calculations.
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism and work as a team player.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred . Education beyond High School would be a plus. Prior manufacturing and/or packaging experience would also be a plus.
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 25 pounds frequently and 45 pounds occasionally.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time. Normal operations are Monday thru Friday, with a Monday night start for our third shift. Saturday work may be required depending on production needs. Saturdays are usually six hour shifts. All work performed in excess of 8 hours in any work day or 40 hours straight time in any work week shall be compensated at the rate of time and one half your straight time rate.