Training and Development Manager
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Marathon Cheese Corporation isn’t just one man’s vision; it’s a true team of proud, passionate, hard-working individuals that believe in what they do. We grew a small town and a field of opportunity into a respected cheese packaging leader, and it didn’t happen overnight. It’s taken over 50 years of ingenuity and teamwork to make Marathon what it is today, and it’s our lasting dedication to those same qualities that continues to push us forward. With an average employee seniority of 25 years plus, we are an employer of choice in Central Wisconsin.
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources. Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate will work closely with organizational leadership at all levels and locations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Corporate Training and Development Manager is responsible for the strategy, management and assessment of the training programs that will offer continuous education and skills development for the company. This position will evaluate opportunities for and administer internship and apprentice programs and in-house training to meet the organization’s need for a skilled workforce.
This role requires someone who is familiar with various educational methods for a variety of positions and skill sets, while maintaining a culture of learning, growth and collaboration. The successful individual will oversee the development of careers and the overall organizational development through the establishing of performance metrics, evaluating productivity, and helping workers create long-term career plans within our organization. Also strategizes with management regarding organizational development for continued long term growth.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with Directors, Managers, Line Managers and Supervisors
- Assist with the development of strategic training and development plans
- Design training curriculum and content to address skills gaps or needs identified to enhance performance and competence
- Provide logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management
- Present a range of training courses (using classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops) for all levels of the organization with relevant and current information using modern techniques and strategies
- Coordinate staff of outside classroom facilitators
- Provide performance feedback
- Conduct continuing education training
- Provide leadership development education
- Evaluate potential internships, apprenticeships and in-house training to develop skilled positions
- Research and gather facts from reputable, authoritative sources, including case studies, industry leaders to report out positive impacts of training
- Monitor, review and conduct evaluations to measure performance and compile training progress reports
- Calculate and report on training costs
- Plan the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets
- Maintain training certifications as necessary
- Exemplifies the culture and philosophies of Marathon Cheese Corporation
ORGANIZATION / BEST PRACTICE:
To ensure your knowledge of Training and Development Experience, Trends & Best Practices are up to date, networking, researching, professional development and industry conferences will be expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field. Educational or Human Resource certifications preferred (PHR / SPHR, or equivalent)
- Five to Seven years’ facilitation experience developing training programs at different business levels
- Excellent communication and consensus building, a cutting-edge aptitude as a facilitator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong writing, proofing, and editing skills and a drive for accuracy and details
- Strong background in the design, creation and presentation of training courses and the ability to successfully engage an audience using a variety of training methods.
- Familiarity with talent management and experience with skills analysis for career development
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively under time constraints
- Analyze problems, propose solutions, make logical decisions, carry out decisions and follow up with feedback where appropriate (critical thinking/evaluation)
- Requires the ability to apply knowledge
- Excellent computer and database skills
- Exceptional team player with integrity, confidence and composure.
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment (relationship management)
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, communication and consensus building skills
- Self-starter with a positive outlook, creating positive impact/environment
- Active listener
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Passion for excellence
- Results oriented
- Proactive and organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- Credible, confident, and articulate with good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build solid cross-functional relationships
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ethical business practice
Work is performed largely in an office or temperate warehouse environment; however, some time will be spent at various remote locations. Hours of work are generally during regular business hours and average at least 40 hours per week. There will be some variation in work hours due to employee shift schedules, special projects, deadlines, customer needs and various other concerns. Occasional out of town and overnight travel is required for business and education, by air and/or auto.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possibly be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
We offer a starting salary that is commensurate with experience and potential along with Health and Dental insurance, flex spending, H S A, 401K with company match, company sponsored life insurance/AD&D and short and long term disability coverage, 7 paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick pay, educational reimbursement, ongoing professional development & college scholarships for children of employees.
Veterans Encouraged to Apply