Machine Operator - 2nd Shift - Booneville, MS
Location: Booneville, MS
Job Status: Full Time
Join our team where your dedication and passion will be appreciated. Since our start in 1952, Marathon Cheese has been a leader in the Cheese Packaging Industry. Our Booneville Plant opened in 1962 and has been steady growing strong in the community.
We are hiring 2nd Shift Machine Operators. Our starting pay rate is great and we pay shift differential. We offer excellent and affordable benefits.
COME WORK WHERE YOU WILL MATTER
- Maintaining equipment and making necessary machine adjustments to meet product quality standards.
- Compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF and established safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining accurate production records
- Performing quality inspection checks and product safety checks at regular intervals throughout the shift.
- Must be people-oriented, able to work with others to complete work assignments in a team environment and willing to direct others to complete work assignments.
- Understand and utilize box erecting, case sealing, and labeling equipment.
- Moving pallets, basic cleanup/sweeping and assisting other positions as needed.
- Perform sanitation of the work area and equipment as needed.
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed.
- Must be dependable and have a certain degree of flexibility to work overtime, different shifts and Saturdays and Sundays when needed.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to satisfactorily complete pre-employment assessments to meet minimum requirements for the position.
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in math and problem solving abilities
- Must be a self-starter, easily motivated, and require limited supervision
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred . Education beyond High School would be a plus. Forklift experience is desirable. Prior manufacturing and/or packaging experience would also be a plus.
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally.
1st Shift: Monday thru Friday, 5:50 a.m. to 2 p.m. *Saturday hours are generally 5:50 a.m. to 12 p.m. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs
2nd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 1:50 p.m. to 10 p.m. *Saturday hours are generally 11:50 a.m. to 6 p.m. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
3rd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 9:50 p.m. to 6 a.m. *Saturday hours are generally 5:50 p.m. to 12 a.m. or until Sanitation is complete. Please note we have a Monday night start for 3rd Shift. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time. Normal operations are Monday thru Friday, with a Monday night start for our third shift. Saturday work may be required depending on production and staffing needs. Saturdays are usually six hour shifts. All work performed in excess of 8 hours in any work day or 40 hours straight time in any work week shall be compensated at the rate of time and one half your straight time rate.