Facility Maintenance Technician
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
We are currently conducting an internal/external search for a Facility Maintenance Technician in our Maintenance department at our Marathon, WI location. The shift is subject to availability and will be addressed in the interview.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position, reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
Education and Work Experience Guidelines:
- High school education or equivalent
- 3-5 years of working experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent
- Basic understanding of carpentry, plumbing and electrical
- HVAC system maintenance of Freon and Ammonia based systems
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
- Perform minor carpentry, plumbing, locksmithing and electrical work needed to maintain the facility
- Assist maintenance and repair of HVAC systems and change filters as required
- HVAC knowledge of both ammonia and freon based refrigerant systems.
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed
- Maintain exterior facilities and buildings including parking lots, lawn care, weed control and snow removal as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance records and files
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Please note this job description is designed as a guide to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift up to 75 pounds. Normal hours are 8 1/2 hours per day, Monday through Friday and when production is scheduled on Saturdays (Saturday hours vary between 6 and 8-hour shifts). When production is not scheduled on Saturday, you may be required to work on an as needed basis, i.e. preventative maintenance or special projects. All work performed in excess of 8 hours in any workday or 40 hours straight time in any work week shall be compensated at the rate of time and one-half your straight time rate.