Material Handler College Student Summer Employment
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
We are accepting applications for summer employment. To be eligible for Summer Employment, you must be enrolled in undergraduate studies offered through an accredited university or technical college in addition to meeting our standard criteria. We ask that the applications be submitted by March 31, 2020.
- Opening product, feeding cheese onto cutting equipment and changing and adjusting cutting equipment.
- Compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF and established safety rules and regulations.
- Moving pallets, basic cleanup/sweeping and assisting other positions as needed.
- Ability to pack cheese product into boxes, stack boxes on pallets and inspect packages and boxes for good seals and code dates.
- Understand and utilize box erecting, case sealing, and labeling equipment.
- Perform sanitation of the work area and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform basic math calculations.
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism and work as a team player.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred . Education beyond High School would be a plus. Forklift experience is desirable. Prior manufacturing and/or packaging experience would also be a plus.
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.