Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Booneville, MS
Job Status: Full Time
Currently there is a need for a Quality Assurance Technician on third shift. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Monday thru Friday, 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs. Saturday hours are 6:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- Verify compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF and established food safety rules and regulations
- Verify conformance with weight control, headspace analysis and microbiological sampling as examples of some regular responsibilities (that is a partial list)
- Perform quality inspection checks and product safety checks at regular intervals throughout the shift
- Utilize Quality Assurance equipment in the lab and in production areas for process verification
- Maintain accurate quality records
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed
- Must be dependable and have a certain degree of flexibility to work overtime, different shifts and Saturdays and Sundays when needed
- Individual must be a self-starter, easily motivated and require limited or no supervision; able to develop necessary computer and laboratory skills for desktop and mobile applications in a production environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess good skills in math, problem solving, record keeping and legible handwriting
- Must have good organizational and communication skills
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Education beyond high school would be a plus.
- Should have manufacturing or food processing, and/or packaging experience
- Experience with SAP, and/or verifying compliance and conformance to specifications, would be a plus
Work inside a clean, air conditioned manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 20 pounds frequently and 45 pounds occasionally.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time.