Assistant Corporate Shredding Manager
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
This is a corporate operations support position reporting directly to the Senior Corporate Shredding Manager. This position may at times require frequent travel in support of equipment installations, commissioning and continuous improvement of all shredding and portion scaling operations throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for shredding operations at all locations
- Drive continuous improvement efforts
- Work with engineering and project managers in new asset design and acquisition
- Participate in factory acceptance tests, which may require international travel
- Support line installations and start-up
- Trouble-shooting equipment issues
- Provide guidance to machine operators
- Participate in the development of training materials
- Work closely with OEM technicians
- Work with packaging design and functionality
- Participate in new product development
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Position requires effective cross-functional relationships including but not limited to: management, operations, maintenance, engineering, packaging, quality and sales
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to effectively work across all levels of the organization
- Position requires occasional travel and a flexible work schedule to support all production facilities and shifts
- Must have or obtain a good working knowledge of all shredding assets and scaling systems
The job functions are performed primarily in a controlled production floor environment in and around packaging machinery requiring a high level of safety precautions. Tempo can be fast paced. Some office environment required.
This position can require long periods of standing, bending and stair climbing. Ability to lift 75 lbs.
** Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.