Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Our Cold Storage/Warehouse has availability on 2nd or 3rd shift
There is a need for personnel to support our Shipping/Receiving and/or Warehouse Department. The primary functions are relocating, identifying, counting and moving product throughout the plant or on to trucks according to instructions.
2nd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 2:45 pm to 10:45 pm. *Saturday hours are generally 12:45 pm to 6:45 pm. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
3rd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 10:45 pm to 6:45 am. *Saturday hours are generally 6:45 pm to 12:45 am. Please note we have a Monday night start for 3rd Shift. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs
- Ensure that all loads are received on safe and clean trailers with acceptable temperatures.
- Select all customer orders with 100% accuracy, stage and safely load on trailers.
- Prior ability of safely operating a forklift is helpful but not essential, will train if necessary.
- Practice safe proper trailer loading procedures including weight distribution, pallet-load integrity and top stacking limitations.
- Must be able to back in trailers using the spotter truck.
- Must be physically capable of lifting requirements and able to work in refrigerated temperatures.
- Assist with keeping the working environment clean and safe.
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervision.
- Must be comfortable working with numbers, computers or capable of being trained on keyboarding skills and be able to comprehend and understand the new bar coding and confirmation system.
- Must be accurate in basic math and able to read shipping documents. Neat and legible penmanship is helpful.
- A positive attitude and ability to work in a team concept is a must.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be dependable and have a certain degree of flexibility to work overtime, different shifts, and Saturdays when needed.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Education beyond High School would be a plus. Forklift experience is desirable but not required. Prior manufacturing and or warehouse experience would be beneficial.
Wok inside a clean, refrigerated warehouse environment and a climate controlled manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally.