Shift Manager - 3rd Shift
Location: Medford, WI
Shift Managers are responsible for managing all activities of production operations including quality assurance, safety, maintenance support, sanitation, and shipping and receiving operations. In the absence of other functional department managers, will assume indirect leadership of support service groups in maintenance and quality. The core hours for third shift are from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am, Monday thru Friday. Saturdays are scheduled as production dictates. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The shift manager is a hands-on leader of the production team and will spend the major portion of the shift on the plant floor. The shift manager will ensure that proper direction and resources are provided to the team to enable them to achieve daily success. Training of operators and talent development of supervisors will be led by the shift manager.
- This position requires the ability to develop, analyze and evaluate key shift performance metrics in efficiency, quality, safety, service, product giveaway and yield. The shift manager will collaborate with the other shift managers to develop uniform best practices and standard operating procedures across the three shifts.
- The shift manager will lead down time root cause analysis and apply appropriate corrective actions; develop and implement cost reduction initiatives; ensure production schedules are optimized; ensure all quality and regulatory standards are met daily; ensure safe behaviors are a way of life; partner with the engineering team on capital project implementations and provide direction, coaching and support for team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership by example, a commitment to task completion and a sense of urgency are essential qualities of the shift manager.
- Perform managerial functions including, but not limited to: employee scheduling, performance management, disciplinary action, performance reviews, responding to employee questions and concerns, work direction, ensuring safe work practices, ext.
- Responsible for documentation and recordkeeping
- Conduct inspections of equipment and procedures
- All employees are responsible for the quality and food safety of our products. All food safety and quality concerns/problems should be brought to the attention of personnel with authority to initiate action.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and or ability required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Good conflict management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Good organizational skills
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with employees and public
- Knowledge of various computer applications (MS Word, Excel, ERP) and office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience
An Associate Degree in a related field with 5 years of experience or a Bachelor Degree in a related field with 2 years of experience is preferred.
This position is in a state of the art production facility that includes many different types of machines and robotics. It is a clean, climate-controlled environment. The position is fast paced and requires a safety mind at all times. Long periods of standing and walking are required on a daily basis and you must be required to sit, climb stairs, and lift up to 100 pounds occasionally.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time.