Location: Marathon City, WI
Currently there is a need for a full-time Dispatcher Assistant at the Transport Division of MCC. This is an hourly position at 40 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in scheduling and dispatching of drivers and equipment to appropriate locations according to customer request.
- Track/monitor driver routes and hours a driver can legally operate a vehicle continuously on a daily/weekly basis.
- Ensure route completion and check in by drivers and report all driver problems to the appropriate departments.
- Courteously interact with all departments, customers and general public.
- Work with MCC Procurement, Purchasing, Shipping, and Customers to take orders, build loads in Dispatch system, Tender shipments to outside carriers when necessary, complete loads within system in preparation for Invoicing.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory and other dispatch information/duties as assigned.
- Assist drivers dealing with unexpected situations such as closed loading docks, overweight loads and any type of accidents, congestion, weather conditions or other hazards.
- Help coordinate back haul information.
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed.
- Computer programs to learn and work within: TMW, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, OPW Fuel System, PC Miler, Kraft, Lean, PeopleNet, Sterling, Kroger, One, Syncada, and EDI.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Education – high school diploma with 1 - 2 years of operations experience preferred.
- Critical to be people-orientated, ability to interact with customers, have a positive attitude and work well with co-workers cooperatively in a team concept to achieve desired objectives.
- Applicant must be a self starter, easily motivated, require limited supervision and be physically capable of handling weights up to 45 lbs.
- Applicant must be dependable, have the ability to multi-task, be highly organized and have the ability to prioritize quickly.
- Basic knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel programs and the desire to learn other transport computer applications.