Location: Medford, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Marathon Cheese Corporation a national leader in natural cheese packaging is seeking a Maintenance Manager at our location in Medford, Wisconsin. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronics, PLC equipment, robotics, and facilities.
- Planning, directing and recording daily maintenance activity and delegating work responsibilities.
- Plan and schedule periodic facility system testing.
- Assist in hiring and training new staff.
- Coordinating activities of contract service providers and outside contractors.
- Work closely with engineering staff on project coordination.
- Manage the Preventative Maintenance program.
- Manage the parts and stock inventories.
- Coordinate activities with production team to maximize plant efficiency.
- Participate in Quality audits
- Participate in plant safety programs
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and or ability required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Good conflict management and problem solving skills
- Facilities management
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Managing people and time
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Good organizational skills
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with employees and public
- Knowledge of various computer applications (MS Word, Excel, ERP) and office equipment
- Troubleshooting issues
- Project management and prioritizing
- Preparing work schedules and recording and reporting maintenance information
Education and Experience
- Strong preference for a BS in Engineering, but will consider other degrees and strong industrial manufacturing experience
- 10+ years of progressive maintenance management experience with at least 3 years at the Manager level overseeing a large plant maintenance staff
- Must have extensive experience in USDA regulated facilities, high speed packaging equipment experience a plus
- Capital project experience
- Preventive Maintenance experience
This position is in a state of the art production facility that includes many different types of machines and robotics. It is a clean, climate-controlled environment. The position is fast paced and requires a safety mind at all times. Long periods of standing and walking are required on a daily basis and you must be required to sit, climb stairs, and lift up to 100 pounds occasionally.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time.