Dry Goods Forklift Driver
Location: Marathon City, WI
Job Status: Full Time
Availability on 1st and 2nd shift
There is a need for personnel to support our Receiving Department as a Dry Goods Forklift Driver. The primary functions are relocating, identifying, counting and moving packaging supplies throughout the plant or on to trucks according to instructions.
1st Shift: Monday thru Friday, 6:45am to 2:45pm. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs. Saturday hours are generally 6:45am to 12:45pm.
2nd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 2:45 pm to 10:45 pm. *Saturday hours are generally 12:45 pm to 6:45 pm. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
- Ensure good organization of our Dry Goods area with an emphasis on corrugated cases
- Fast paced environment with multiple job functions including keeping adequate case supplies for lines and ensuring products are organized
- Prior ability of safely operating a forklift is helpful but not essential, will train if necessary.
- Practice safe proper trailer loading procedures including weight distribution, pallet-load integrity and top stacking limitations.
- Must be physically capable of lifting requirements
- Assist with keeping the working environment clean and safe.
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervision.
- Must be comfortable working with numbers, computers or capable of being trained on keyboarding skills and be able to comprehend and understand the new bar coding and confirmation system.
- Must be accurate in basic math and able to read shipping documents. Neat and legible penmanship is helpful.
- A positive attitude and ability to work in a team concept is a must.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be dependable and have a certain degree of flexibility to work overtime, different shifts, and Saturdays when needed.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Education beyond High School would be a plus. Forklift experience is desirable but not required. Prior manufacturing and or warehouse experience would be beneficial.
Wok inside a clean, refrigerated warehouse environment and a climate controlled manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.