Operations Analyst / New Item Planner
Location: Medford, WI
General Summary: An Operations Analyst (OA) is responsible for ensuring optimal production processes for the company. The OA optimizes labor cost, production volume and equipment efficiency through designing models to illustrate where there is a need to focus for improvement. Will partner with other department Managers and Supervisors to determine expected production runs within the manufacturing or data information process. The New Item Planner is responsible for creating specifications and executing the plan for new items. They coordinate with Customer Service on material accuracy and communicate new item information to Supervision/plant personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will collect, analyze, and evaluate production records and trends, as well as evaluate performance. Apply the data collection towards the planning and execution of production process flow.
- Develop and create visual reports/charts utilizing Excel, manage meetings and communication, and support the mission of the production, quality and safety initiatives of the company.
- Responsible for developing models and reporting structures that identify production rates and other metrics targeted for improvement.
- Develop tools aimed at improving production efficiencies.
- Collect, compile, and present manufacturing progress and status report on weekly basis, or as requested by management.
- Actively working on the Production Floor with Operators & Line Personnel, in the Quality Lab and Maintenance Shop.
- Updating specifications per customer requests in the material samples books as necessary.
- Share/modify Basic Data Text change requests as necessary.
- Communicate with Film Lead, Case Coordinator, Case Stamping, Label Room as needed for physical product materials; order replacement materials, receive material samples for specs.
- Verifying all new materials received before used in production.
- Coordinating trial and sample requests from customers.
- Provide material information for costing purposes on customer quotes (RFQ).
- Communicate with Packaging Engineers and Sales/Customer Service regarding samples/trials.
- Ordering of supplies for plant usage (i.e. cleaning chemicals, first aid, QA materials, wire).
- Schedule and attend meetings as requested.
Education and Experience: Applicants must possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and/or 3 to 5 years of related work experience in a production environment, emphasis on statistics and data collections.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to take the initiative and review current process and provide improvements.
- Possess advanced computer skill relevant for data management, including experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Required to partner with various teams and units in order to manage an efficient production process.
- Must have the capability to develop reports and communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner to all levels of Operations.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple assignments as well as work with others to achieve the desired outcome within the stipulated timeframe.
- Production efficiency rate calculation and development (OEE).
- Lean Manufacturing continuous improvement methods (5S, Kaizen, DMAIC/Six Sigma).
Work Environment: The job functions are performed on both the production floor and in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Tempo is fast-paced.
Physical Demands: This position requires periods of walking and standing on the production floor and sitting behind a desk or conference room table, working on the computer, filing or in meetings.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.