Location: Marathon City, WI
The Plant Manager manages, directs and coordinates overall plant operations. Through subordinates, supervisors and managers, assures safety, continuous improvement, quality, cost, customer service, and production objectives are met or exceeded. Provides coaching and leadership to team members in the areas of safety, continuous improvement, productivity, quality, cost, equipment reliability, and employee engagement. Supports both Finance and Business Development in establishing labor and throughput standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages plant production operations and establishes production priorities to ensure product is produced efficiently and within cost parameters while maintaining company safety, quality and sanitation standards.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, sales, distribution, maintenance and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of manpower.
- Maintain and implement up to date programs, policies and communication at regular staff meetings. Provide leadership for safety and enforce safety rules in accordance with established disciplinary policy.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of non-conformity with product specifications, or operating or production problems. Analyze product cost data to identify and minimize excessive costs.
- Oversees plant maintenance activities to minimize operating costs and recommends appropriate equipment and operational changes as needed.
- Leads the plant personnel to effectively manage performance.
- Communicates company and cascading goals and assists in establishing objectives that align with plant and company goals.
- Provides on-going performance feedback and holds self-accountable for conducting formal performance conversations with direct reports each year. Actively works with direct reports to cultivate capabilities and utilize strengths to support career development and succession planning efforts.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Required to make reasonable judgements that are logical and well thought out
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Divisional responsibility; ability to lead a large team
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Detailed knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations
- Self-starter and the ability to learn on own
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to set priorities for self and others
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. 10 years of food manufacturing experience required.
This position is in a state of the art production facility that includes many different types of machines and robotics. It is a clean, climate-controlled environment. The position is fast paced and requires a safety oriented mind at all times. Long periods of standing and walking are required on a daily basis and you must be required to sit, climb stairs, and lift up to 75 pounds occasionally.
** Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.