Location: Marathon City, WI
This is a dispatch office position focusing on Freight Billing /Accounts Receivable, Fuel Reporting and a backup to the Payroll Coordinator for Marathon Cheese Transport.
Essential Job Functions:
Freight Bill Processing:
- Process drivers’ trip reports. Includes Sorting drivers paperwork: trip reports, DVIR’s, fuel slips, Bills of Lading.
- Verify drivers’ pay info, expenses and layovers. Correct before approving.
- Calculate proper customer freight rates for each Bill of Lading. Requires knowledge and recall of individual customer nuances. Adding accessorial charges when needed: Fuel, Lumper, Stop, TONU Charges.
- Print invoices, make appropriate bill of lading copies, attach to corresponding invoices and prepare for mailing.
- Scan required invoices and backup paperwork to appropriate customers and brokers per their specifications.
- Make sure necessary maintenance invoices reach mechanics.
Accounts Receivable Payments:
- Work closely with our Accounts Receivable Department for payment of freight bills and over-dues.
- Review aged account receivables daily: contact delinquent accounts to request payment.
- Stay up to date on current customer contacts for payment issues: Use of customer software/freight payment portal. Making sure yearly contracts align with the software values. Report any discrepancies to management.
- Knowledge of service charge codes and their connection with EDI standards.
Fuel and mileage reporting:
- Keep adequate mileage records and retain all fuel receipts and invoices to substantiate Marathon Cheese Transports fuel use and reporting.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable Department so all fuel receipts correlate with customer invoice.
- Balance fuel monthly and quarterly for Fleet-worthy/IFTA to ensure proper compliance.
- Work closely with the Information Technology Department so that all transferring of fuel generates to the master SAP report for monthly totals per tractor and per state.
- Compute mileage and fuel totals and transfer to Excel spreadsheet for management to apply fuel bonus’s.
Back-up to Payroll Coordinator:
- Approve and process drivers pay: hourly, miles and drops.
- Enter driver layovers and reimbursable expenses.
- Verify, approve and finalize punch detail in time and attendance for Mechanics and Truck Washers and send to the Corporate Payroll Manager.
- Run payroll for Transportation and Mechanic employees, create and send ADP report to the Corporate Payroll Manager.
- Create and send ADP report to HR to finalize payroll for that pay period.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Business Management or like program preferred
- Ability to be the super-user for TMW System Administration, Tariffs, Invoicing, Settlements, Fuel Import, File Maintenance. Along with TMW suite A/R Interface and SAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Use and knowledge of:
- SAP system requirements per customer invoicing
- Blue-Jay’s Portal: For transportation management and execution for load status pertaining to our customers
- Transplace: Coveris customer confirmations for rate charges
- One Network: Customer auto-pay invoicing
- Phoenix SQL for onsite fuel transferring to FTP/File Transfer Protocol to the TMW software program
- TMW Suite Management Reporting
- Peoplnet Fleet Manager to gather mileage to determine detours and appropriate mileage for MPG
- Strong analytical skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle time sensitive initiatives
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who works well with others
- Requires good verbal and written communications with Marathon Cheese customers