Location: Mountain Home, ID
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
3rd shift: This position is a member of a team whose duties are to clean and sanitize the food processing plant and equipment to meet food safety, and quality standards of US Foods as well as any regulatory body. This position is expected to disassemble, and clean processing equipment without causing damage and reassembly of equipment while maintaining organization of multiple parts. This position is required to visually inspect the equipment and processing areas for cleanliness.
This position is required to work well within a team to completely clean and sanitize the plant quickly. Responsible for completing any and all required paperwork which must be legible and accurate prior to submitting to your supervisor.
This position will be working around processing equipment in which chemicals will be used to complete the sanitation process.
The sanitation worker must be able to work as a team along with other members of the crew and be flexible and willing to perform additional varying tasks per the supervisor's instructions and in accordance with all production and safety guidelines.
Performing all duties in compliance with USDA, SQF, DDA, OSHA, state and/or local regulations. Company policies and procedures include; safety guidelines and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), Hazard Communication (HAZCOM), Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s)
Keep work areas and facilities clean and organized. Work with other operators and move and assemble heavy equipment. Empties trash bins and cleans trash area daily; operates trash compactor when applicable. May clean other areas of the warehouse and offices, to include break rooms, rest rooms, QA, offices, etc. Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas along with any additional duties as required by the supervisor.
- Able to read and write legibly; follow instructions; work with little or no direct supervision and have basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide). Completion of pre-employment assessment.
- Must adhere to USDA Safety and Sanitation regulations for food safety requirements
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with food manufacturing, HACCP, GMP, or SSOP’s is preferred but not required.
- Previous sanitation experience preferred.
- Frequent Standing, walking, stooping, squatting, bending, reaching above shoulders, grasping and manipulating objects.
- Must be able to work at or from heights and in confined/tight spaces.
- Weight requirement includes frequent lifting of 30 to 40 lbs. and occasional lifts of 75 to 100 lbs. with assistance.