Material Handlers All Shifts - Booneville (MS)
Location: Booneville, MS
Job Status: Full Time
Join our team where your dedication and passion will be appreciated. Since our start in 1952, Marathon Cheese has been a leader in the Cheese Packaging Industry. Our Booneville Plant opened in 1962 and has been steady growing strong in the community.
We are currently seeking Material Handler for our all Shifts. Starting pay rate is $18.65 per hour. Shift differential is an additional $1.00 per hour for 2nd Shift and $1.50 per hour for 3rd Shift. We offer excellent and affordable benefits.
COME WORK WHERE YOU WILL MATTER
Material Handler's Duties
- Opening product, feeding cheese onto cutting equipment and changing and adjusting cutting equipment.
- Compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF and established safety rules and regulations.
- Moving pallets, basic cleanup/sweeping and assisting other positions as needed.
- Ability to pack cheese product into boxes, stack boxes on pallets and inspect packages and boxes for good seals and code dates.
- Understand and utilize box erecting, case sealing, and labeling equipment.
- Perform sanitation of the work area and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform basic math calculations.
- Must be able to give and accept constructive criticism and work as a team player.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional image with customers, peers, supervisors and the public.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred . Education beyond High School is a plus. Forklift experience is desirable. Prior manufacturing and/or packaging experience would also be a plus.
Work inside a clean manufacturing environment. Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally.
1st Shift: Monday thru Friday, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. *Saturday hours are generally 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
2nd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. *Saturday hours are generally 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
3rd Shift: Monday thru Friday, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. *Saturday hours are generally 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. or until Sanitation is complete. Please note we have a Monday night start for 3rd Shift. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
This job posting is meant to give an overview of the available position. This does not cover every detail of expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time. Normal operations are Monday thru Friday, with a Monday night start for our third shift. Saturday work may be required depending on production and staffing needs. Saturdays are usually six hour shifts. All work performed in excess of 8 hours in any work day or 40 hours straight time in any work week shall be compensated at the rate of time and one half your straight time rate.