Location: Marathon City, WI
We are currently conducting an internal/external search for a second shift Diesel Technician at our fleet garage. The core hours for this position are 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm. This may vary slightly depending on project load.
General Summary: Assist in diagnostics, maintenance and repair of all fleet vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various systems, to include electrical, drive train, brake, engine, and suspension. Identify needed repairs and performs corrective action.
- Tire maintenance and replacement
- Writes up repair orders.
- Use diagnostic equipment to detect, isolate, and repair faults on electronic equipment.
- Read and repair driver DOT require DVIR write-ups.
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests
- Identify worn and damaged parts and repair and replace as needed
- Maintain vehicle records by recording services and repairs
- Help ensure cleanliness of the shop
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience: Degree or Diploma in a related field with 5 or more years of experience is preferred. ASE Diesel Certification is advantageous.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components
- Valid driver’s license
- Good IT and diagnostic skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic electrical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide DOT required maintenance records.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all co-workers, drivers and customers