Location: Mountain Home, ID
This position is responsible for safety, quality and efficiency and the overall success of the operations team at the Mountain Home, Idaho facility. The Plant Manager must work closely with all departments to effectively plan, schedule, and safely coordinate operations to organizational standards. In this role, you will lead all functional departments to achieve results within customer and regulatory guidelines. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Oversee all aspects of daily operations putting a strong emphasis on Safety, Quality and Efficiency.
- Embrace the Mission, Vision and Values of Marathon Cheese and demonstrate these in daily activities.
- Fosters a cultural environment that aligns with organizational values and is inclusive for all.
- Assumes responsibility for the operational performance of the facility and drives continuous improvement activity at the facility.
- Prioritize food safety, people safety, and quality above everything else.
- Lead the organization, execution and documentation of plant trials.
- Actively communicate to employees the plans for the day and for future happenings.
- Be present and available to employees in the factory across all shifts.
- Develop strategic plans which will drive key metrics and performance.
- Interprets, embraces and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Mentors and develops members of the supervisor team and fosters an environment where they can grow.
- Actively confronts under performance or behavioral issues in ways that are consistent with the company’s core values.
- Sets and communicates clear expectations for the team and holds team members accountable.
- Works with Business Development and Customer Service to schedule orders in the most efficient manner while delivering exceptional service to our customers.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of operations, product flow, and SOPs. Utilizes this knowledge to teach and coach employees towards continuous improvement.
- Uses critical thinking skills and root cause analysis to continuously improve process flow and overall efficiency.
- Ensures staffing resources are being utilized effectively and consistently.
- Work closely with maintenance to coordinate preventative maintenance activity, facilitate timely repairs, conduct downtime analysis.
- Partners with Engineering on projects and new equipment installations.
- Work weekends as part of the operations team rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Operations Management, Business Management, Supply Chain Management or commensurate experience required.
- 10+ years of previous supervisor or management experience
- Ability to lead a diverse team of support and professional staff
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required
- Detailed knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations is key with food manufacturing preferred
- Strong attention to detail with effective critical thinking skills
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability to make logical and well thought out decisions